We played this game at my cousin Yen’s bridal shower and it was so much fun! It’s sort of like a tell all, but even better than the stuff of reality TV shows (like the Bachelor which I really don’t understand everyone’s fascination with) because it’s about people you actually know. It doesn’t get any more real (and sometimes juicier) than that (wink).
You put together a list of questions that test the bride-to-be and the fiancé to see how well they know each other and, even better, what they think of each other. Send it to the fiancé beforehand and have him email you the responses. At the bridal shower, read the questions out loud and have the bride-to-be answer first before reading out his responses. You’re bound to have everyone chiming in with their guesses, the bride-to-be going off on tangents with funny anecdotes fueled by her violent disagreements with his answers and her desire to defend hers, and lots of laughter from a captivated audience.
I say this is the only game you need if you’re planning a bridal shower. It was highly entertaining and educational for everyone (bride included)! This list is quite long but we broke it up into parts in between courses. Feel free to use these questions and add your own to make it more personal for your bride and groom. It’s amazing how in this day and age a good old fashioned non-digital game can elicit this much fun and giggles. Now all you need is a good bunch of girls and lots of drinks to go around!
For more bridal shower ideas, read The Foxymoron and Other Foolproof Tips For Planning a Bridal Shower.
P.S. If you’re not attending or organizing a bridal shower anytime soon, play this game with your significant other. You might learn a new thing or two about each other like I did the other night. I’m the more outgoing one of the both of us??
Bride and Groom Trivia
- Who takes the longer shower?
- Who spends the most time getting ready to go out
- Who is more into their looks?
- Who is the biggest flirt?
- Who is the more serious person?
- Who is more creative?
- Who is the jokester?
- Who is more outgoing?
- Who is more likely to get injured?
- Who made the first move?
- Who said “I LOVE YOU” first?
- Who’s the better cook?
- Who has the wackier family?
- Who spends more money?
- Who is in control of the chequebook?
- Who wears the pants?
- Who is always right?
- Who is in charge of the remote?
- Who is more organized?
- Who is more likely to take care of a spider in the house?
- Who is better at keeping secrets?
- If you haven’t already… Who is most likely to pass gas in front of the other first?
- After you’re married, who will be the first to say… “not tonight?”
- Who’s the better kisser?
- Who is more affectionate?
- Who has the smelliest feet?
- Who’s most likely to get lost?
- Who’s the most likely to wake up grumpy in the morning?
- Who’s most likely to be running late?
- Where did the both of you meet?
- Where was your first date?
- How long have you been dating?
- When and where did you kiss for the first time?
- Where and how did the proposal take place?
- What are your nicknames for each other?
- What was the first weekend getaway or vacation that you took together?
- What were both of your first jobs ever?
- What college did you both attend and what were your majors?
- Who does all of the cleaning?
- What are both of your favourite style of music?
- Who steals the covers more?
- What’s your pet peeve?
- Who is your celebrity crush?
How well do you (especially the groom) know the Bride-To-Be?
- What is her bra size?
- What’s her favourite colour?
- What’s her favourite drink?
- Who’s her celebrity crush?
- What’s her dream vacation?
- What’s her favourite book?
- How many children does she want?
- Where does she want to retire?
- What’s her favourite TV series right now?
- What’s her favourite movie?
- What’s the first thing she does when she gets up?
- What makes her laugh the hardest?
- What do you do that annoys her the most?
- What is your favourite dish that she cooks?
- What does she think is your best quality?
- What’s her pet peeve?
- What do you love most about her?