Just when you thought you couldn’t get lazier, you wake up on a Sunday morning starving but too cold to get out of bed. What to make so that you can crawl back immediately under the covers? Find odds and ends in your fridge, toss into a bunch of eggs, beat it well. Pour into a frying pan to make a lazy Sunday scramble? Nah, that would mean having to stand there and stir which means more time outside your covers.
Pour into a casserole instead and pop it into the oven. Rush back under the covers and wait for the timer to go off for perfectly scrambled eggs. Yes, my Sunday mornings just got lazier but it doesn’t mean I can’t have my eggs and eat it too.
Smoked Salmon, Cherry Tomatoes and Mushroom Baked Scramble Eggs
What you need:
handful of cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
handful of mushrooms, sliced
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 350°
2. Beat eggs in a bowl. Toss in cherry tomatoes and smoked salmon and season generously with salt and pepper.
3. Add as much or as little cheese as you want. Stir to combine.
4. Pour into an oven-proof skillet or casserole.
5. Pop into the oven and set timer for 20 minutes.
6. After 10 minutes, give the egg mixture a stir.
7. Once timer goes off, take out and enjoy.
8. Crawl back into bed!